Sunday 14 April 2013

LAZY DAYS AT THE BEACH


LAZY DAYS!


I was thinking, while lying in bed this morning,  that this is the first week in probably 5 months that I honestly don't have anything to do although I know it is the calm before the storm as we have to move off our farm by 26 April.  As the family all left the beach house last Saturday,  there are no early morning squeals from the little girls, prompting me to rise and shine and get on with breakfast!  It is absolute bliss just knowing I can lie in bed for a while although I do miss the happy mayhem of the past few weeks!


Guess who else is lazy!

The past few days have been spent catching up with washing huge loads of bedlinen and towels .  I am ever grateful that I decided that everyone would be sleeping in king-single beds here at the beach house as it is so much easier making a single bed, not to mention the folding/ironing.  



A couple of days ago we experienced a torturous heatwave and our area was  right in the middle of the fire danger zone. By mid-afternoon,  the temperature was 45deg!    Determined not to loose our lovely hydrangeas Mr R-I and I carted hoses around in the searing winds,  watering lawns etc.  

Picked before the heat wave.

We were so fortunate being able to stay indoors in the airconditioning. The hot dry winds left filthy deposits everywhere and I "washed" the whole house yesterday... literally squirting windows, walls, balustrades, decks and paving.  Apart from washing all of the salt off the screens,  the house is now gleaming!  Very gratifying I can tell you!!   Tomorrow brings more heat I believe and I guess we will do more of the same.

Beautiful sky after a searing day.  A huge smoke cloud out to sea.

In the spirit of trying to be more healthy,  I have been cooking vegetarian meals with quinoa being one of my favourites.



Salads, salads and more salads!  Trying to undo the excesses
of the holiday feasting!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...